Chinese Duck Salad
6 Duck Leg Confit
1 tomato, diced
1 bunch scallions, chopped
1 tbs. soy sauce
1 tbs. sesame seeds
1 tbs. rice vinegar
1 tbs. Duck Fat
2 tbs. sesame oil
Fresh ground pepper to taste
1. Remove skin from duck legs.
2. Shred meat off the bone.
3. In a mixing bowl, mix duck meat and rest of ingredients.
- Serve as is or warmed with a tossed green salad.
- Reheat slowly in a skillet & serve with potatoes sauteed in
duck fat with garlic and parsley.
- Fill pre-cooked mini-pastry cups with the deboned meat, heat and
serve as hors d'oeuvres.
- Roll in spring roll or wonton wrappers.
- Use as ravioli filling, or serve on your favorite pasta.
- Roll in tortillas for duck burritos.
Recipe courtesy of D'Artagnan
NEW ENGLAND'S PREMIER