Plum Cherry Glazed Duck Breasts
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes
1 whole Pekin duck breast, cut into 2 cutlets
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1/2 cup Sarabeth's Plum
2 teaspoons soy sauce
1/4 teaspoon Chinese five spice seasoning
Chopped cilantro leaves, to garnish
- Trim excess fat from breasts and carefully score fat, not flesh,
into small squares.
- Pat dry, then season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add breasts, skin side down, reduce heat to medium-low and
slowly render the fat until only a thin, crisp layer of skin remains,
about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Blend Plum Cherry Preserves, soy sauce and Chinese five spice
- Turn breasts over, carefully drain off all fat.
- Spoon 2 to 3 tablespoons of preserves mixture over each breast.
- Transfer pan to oven and cook for 8 to 9 minutes.
- Remove and let stand for 5 minutes, then serve along with any
- If desired, you can cut breasts into crosswise slices before
- Sprinkle on cilantro as a garnish.
Recipe courtesy of Sarabeth's Kitchen.