Grilled Oriental Pork Tenderloin
(Recipe courtesy of Vincent duBreton, producer of fine duBreton
Prep time : 2 hours
Cook time : 20 minutes
Servings : 4
2 (300 g (3/4 lb) each) Pork tenderloin
60 ml (4 tbsp.) soy sauce
60 ml (4 tbsp.) vegetable oil
45 ml (3 tbsp.) orange juice
2 garlic cloves, crushed
30 ml (2 tbsp.) brown sugar
15 ml (1 tbsp.) grated fresh gingerroot
5 ml (1 tsp.) crushed red pepper
1,5 l (6 cups) mixed salad greens
2 large navel oranges, peeled and sliced
1/2 red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
65 ml (1/4 cup) coarsely chopped dry roasted peanuts
1. Place tenderloin in large self-sealing bag.
2. In small bowl whisk together soy sauce, oil, orange juice,
garlic, brown sugar, ginger and red pepper; reserve 65 ml (1/4 cup)
of the marinade and pour the rest over the tenderloin.
3. Seal the bag and place in refrigerator at least 1 hour, up
to 4 hours.
4. Prepare medium-hot fire in grill.
5. Remove pork from marinade, discarding marinade.
6. Grill pork over direct heat, turning ocasionally, to brown
evenly, about 18 to 20 minutes total. Remove from grill and let
rest 10 minutes.
7. Meanwhile, in large shallow bowl toss together greens, oranges,
onion and peanuts.
8. Slice pork on diagonal and arrange over salad; drizzle reserved
65 ml (1/4 cup) marinade over salad and serve immediately.